I feel like whenever a conversation about fall occurs, dear readers, burgundy is bound to come up. Whether it’s home décor or fashion, this gorgeous hue that’s a really rich shade of red seems to be synonymous with achieving a beautiful autumnal look. Ask Martha Stewart, who I’m apparently currently channeling as I write this.
Burgundy is another one of those colours that looks beautiful on all skin tones- it gives warmth to vampires, I mean fair girls like me, it gives richness to tanned and medium tones and yet it’s still bold enough to not look plain on deep tones. Because it’s so rich and berry-toned, we can easily associate it with sophistication and elegance, but me being me, I would recommend trying to have as much fun with it as possible and to try rethinking your more casual basics in burgundy for an interesting twist. Feeling inspired? Why don’t you try:
– Anything in burgundy lace to infuse gothic romance into your look?
– A swipe of burgundy lipstick or nail polish to create small-scale drama?
– Burgundy pieces with warm metallics such as gold and rose gold to complete a look of elegance?
– A burgundy accessory with other classic autumnal colours, such as caramel, pumpkin, olive and chocolate brown?
– A subtle dusting of a burgundy eyeshadow close to your lashline paired with tons of mascara for a modern twist on the grunge look?
Tell me or show me how you like to rock burgundy and I will show you my hand knit festive table runner with wool I sheared myself from my llama who lives on my balcony. See Martha? You ain’t safe.